miss you; love you

Clean and simple. It sounds very easy, and I always admire people who can make cards that look like they took no effort at all, but look awesome! My CAS cards start out pretty good, but in the end I just sit and stare at them and think to myself “something is missing here…”

This is why I love this new blog I found called CAS-ual Fridays. They have a challenge each week, and here is what I made for their this weeks challenge,

I love the colors here, and I love the typography. I love the stripes too. I was originally going to use bling, but the blue rhinestones I had just didn’t seem to work so I used pearls here instead. The card has a retro feel that was inspired from the Play date cafe,

And here is a closeup, just coz I love this photo!

I really have been blogging way too much this week, but I am feeling so creative these days and have so many ideas in my head that are translating into neat projects that I just have to share with all of you right away! Also, since I started the last trimester of this pregnancy, I seem to be needing less sleep and am not napping in the afternoon at all. Maybe thats why I have so much more free time. Or maybe its because I have not loaded the dishwasher in two days and now have a sinkful of dirty dishes?

Am off the enjoy the weekend now, and hopefully you wont hear from me until monday again!

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Wassau
Fonts: Cooper std, CK Ali
Pearls: Scrapabilities

15 Comment

1. Virginia L. says:

Wow! What more can one want with this CAS card!? SWOON! I adore the colors (from PDC) and your placements of pearls can not be more PERFECT!!

2. Marlena M says:

Lovely CAS card…perfect retro feel. πŸ˜‰

3. Love Love Love this card! Its so graphic and cool! I’m so happy you’re enjoying our challenges, we are having a fantastic time with them πŸ™‚ Also have to say excellent job with the colors this week! So glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays and The Play Date Cafe!

4. Oh wow … I love your card …. so clean and bold … love it!!!

5. I love your CAS card. I find it difficult too so have been playing along with CAS-ual Fridays. I think you’ve done a FAB job, both with CAS and the colours! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

6. Jenny M says:

Just love the simplicity, Fab card πŸ™‚
    Jenny x

7. Colleen Dietrich says:

This CAS card is really neat, Smitha! Thanks for sharing it with us at The CAfe this week.

8. Oh WOW! Stunning πŸ˜€
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

9. Hannah M says:

A gorgeous card for CAS-ual fridays and play date cafe, I love the colours and you’ve displayed them at their best. Such a lovely subtle addition of bling too πŸ™‚
    Hannah M πŸ™‚

10. What a fabulous CAS design, Smitha…the colors are perfect and the accents are just right! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

11. Dana says:

I love simple when it’s done right, and THIS…is DONE RIGHT! Great card, perfect sentiments, adorable bling. Thanks for joining us for CAS-ual Fridays!

12. PERFECT!!!!! Love your CAS design. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe and CAS-ual Fridays this week.

13. Such a perfect, little, CAS take on our color story, Smitha! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe! And congrats on your Guest DT spot over at Sketchy Thursdays! Woohoo!

14. This design is AWESOME! I love the subtle simplicity of the bling on the sentiment and those stripes just take my breath away!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work!

15. Julie Day says:

Wow! You nailed both of these challenges! Love the stripes, clean lines and simple sentiment on this CAS card and those two little bits of bling are perfect! Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Comments are closed.