I have been waiting for Stephanie Howell’s Blog your heart for a while now. I have had this itch to write a really long blog post for sometime now, and this is best way to cleanse your mind. It’s like talking to your best friend on the phone for an hour
If you havent done this before, blog your heart is where you write whatever is on your heart. NO judgements. Read more here.
Here is how I am feeling of late…
1. Life is full. Life is fun. Life is precious. I feel blessed and I also feel like I need to do more in return. Balancing everything on my plate right now has been tough. But I am learning that I need to do everything in moderation I have two little girls at home with me all day. They pretty much eat up my every hour and its really difficult to get any task completed from start to finish. But I dont want to change a thing. They are just too cute and adorable and fill my days with joy! There have been many afternoons in the past two months, when I just sat on the living room carpet and played with them, read books to them, sang with them. Basically did whatever they asked me to. We have even had dinner on the carpet- family style
2. I did a major overhaul of our house. Spring cleaning on steroids. From top to basement. Nothing has been spared. Moved my studio to the basement, and I have almost three times the space now. And I have created 2 playrooms for the girls and 3 play nooks. I
have am in the process of decluttering, rearranging, redecorating and reorganizing our house/life. I am almost 80% done. And this has made me so happy!!!! Everytime you walk into a clean room you have to smile.
3.We are joining YMCA. Tomorrow. The decision has finally been made. I need somewhere where I get to take one hour of me time and the girls get looked after. I SERIOUSLY need exercise. Looking after our health is top priority now. We are talking a lot about health these days, coz my father in law isnt doing really well. And its very stressful dealing with it. And very scary. Makes you appreciate a lot of things you take for granted in life.
4. I have crafted a LOT in the past few months. I mean a lot. I had assignments, I had deadlines, I had submissions I wanted to make. I pushed myself too hard. I had way too many late nites- just me and my computer. And I was tired and grumpy. So I decided to step back, and take a break- I have had almost two weeks of no crafting- and it has been so easy on my brain. I was on an inspiration overload before. It has been nice to channel my energy into stuff around the house.
5. I kind of want to choose- am I cardmaker? am I scrapbooker? I dont know if I want to be doing both. I want to be creative, and cardmaking is so satisfying, easy and quick. But then I see the joy on my girls face as she goes through her First year scrapbook (the only album I have completely completed) and I know why I will never stop scrapbooking…
6. I didn’t take a big break from blogging- I need to blog because I love the scrapbooking community, the friends I have here. And I have been keeping up with everything on my Google reader too. My overload of crafting in the past few months came handy here- I have tons of projects to blog about in my stash now
7. That break I took from crafting- ends this sunday. And I have a clean expanded studio to play with this. More sneaks soon!