Here is my second block for the Crochet along 2017, a popcorn stitch pattern that is super fun to make!
This year I am playing along with the Moogly Crochet Along 2017 project and in this post I make Block 2 of 24
- If this is the first time you are reading about the Moogly Crochet Along 2017, head HERE to the learn more and start from the beginning.
- There are 24 blocks to be made all in all, and the pattern for each one of them is FREE and remains free forever.
- I am using skeins of Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn (not sponsored) and you can find the exact colors in the supplies listed below.
- Each afghan square is designed to measure 12 by 12 inches in size, I’m using the recommended US-J, 6.0 mm hook.
- The beauty of this afghan, you don’t have to crochet along, though for me that is part of the fun, you can start this afghan at any point and finish it at your speed.
- Join in on the #MooglyCAL2017 social bandwagon – There is a Ravelry group for the CAL HERE, and a Facebook group HERE
Block 2 is a pattern by Salena Baca Designs called Danyel’s Square and the FREE PATTERN for it can be found HERE
I used 5 colors of yarn for this: exact color numbers can be found below in the supplies
Here is the Round by Round progress showing how this block came together.
This block was fun to make! I love the popcorn stitch! It looks really beautiful in real life. I really want to make a circle pillow for the kids room with this pattern in the future.