Hello my creative friends! It’s the month of thankful and I will be doing a November hand lettering challenge!
Here is my November hand lettering challenge for you. I have put together 30 quote prompts- perfect for this thankful season.
All through this month, I will be posting daily videos of my hand lettering! I love challenging myself and learning new ways to do things better- so this month my challenge is also to get better at video making.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
Find all the YOUTUBE videos easily here in one convenient playlist: 30 Days of Thankful, Daily Lettering
Find all the Instagram Timelapses easily here: #30thankfulquotesvideos
I hope you will join in along with and share a photo (or video!) of your lettering! If you don’t letter, feel free to interpret these prompts in any artistic way! And you can start this challenge at any time you want- just for a week or just for the weekends. Do what works best for you and don’t feel guilty.
disclaimer: affiliate links have been used. Which means that if you make a purchase I might earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
For this challenge, I am using a Moleskine journal to do all my hand lettering into. The paper in this book is smooth and great for brush pens, but it is not a mixed media quality paper. I chose this book to be my dedicated 30 Thankful Quotes book. I altered the cover of the journal and you can see the tutorial of this Mixed Media Gratitude Journal Cover on the Tonic Studios USA blog today!
I intend to do some brush lettering with my Tombow Dual Brush pens, simple line letters with the Tombow MONO Twin Permanent Marker and also some watercolor lettering using my Gansai Tambi Watercolors. It should be fun!
You will be able to find the exact supplies used in that day’s YouTube video description. I hope you join along in this November hand lettering challenge and I look forward to interacting with all of you!
Tips and Tricks:
- I enjoy doing challenges of this kind, I feel it pushes my creativity further and I always look forward to those 15 minutes of scheduled art time I get each day.
- I’d suggest creating a book, journal or sketchpad for this challenge. That way, you won’t spend time daily looking for supplies and at the end of the month you will have a completed book and a great sense of accomplishment. You will have this book to look back into later in the years too
- This months prompts are all about being thankful and it mirrors the thanksgiving season here in the USA. But for me, just writing down a thankful thought a day fills my heart with so much gratitude and positivity! This challenge isn’t just about the lettering, it is also a bit about being thankful for what you have and enjoying it.
- Check out some of my previous challenges for tips here: 30 days of happiness quotes and The 100 day project.
Check out my other Lettering posts:
- Make your own unique shirt with my How to hand letter on your T Shirt using Fabric Paints video
- Practice your lettering with this FREE Brush Lettering printable: Learn something new
- I talk all about the The right papers you need to be using for brush lettering in this post.
Follow my Hand Lettering Board on Pinterest.