Today I am sharing a list of the absolute BEST Virtual Art classes that you can enjoy in the comfort of your home. You can paint these on a quiet evening or make this an event to create memories with your kids or family. I’ve enjoyed these virtual art classes with my girls and they are great in so many ways!
ALSO READ MICHAELS COMMUNITY CLASSROOM ONLINE: 2 CLASSES THAT I TAUGHT THIS WEEK!
THE BEST Virtual Art Classes You will love!
Pull out your paints and enjoy Painting an Orange Orchard
Make sure to check out this entire Learn To Paint Parties playlist that Plaid shares on their Facebook Page. They have many kid-friendly paintings like the Peaceful Posies, Tropical Tiger, and Spring Palms
Pull out your pencils for this Star Wars Themed FREE YouTube Live Drawing Class – BB-8 with Artist’s Palette Durham
The teacher explained the steps beautifully, my daughter got to learn about shading using cotton swabs and paper towels. I just drew a quick pen sketch along with her and enjoyed some quality time.
Use your markers for this fun for all ages Quick & Easy Animal Doodles with Tombow | Michaels with Beth Watson from Creatively Beth
These doodles are super cute and SO easy! Love the instructions!
Tombow USA recently added a bunch of Workshop classes to YouTube and these classes are FREE!
I’ve taken Brown Paper Bunny’s Watercolor Florals class live and it is so much fun! Jessica always draws/paints the prettiest florals!
My FULL list of the BEST Virtual Art classes
- Pull out your paints and enjoy Painting an Orange Orchard
- Pull out your pencils for this Star Wars Themed FREE YouTube Live Drawing Class – BB-8 with Artist’s Palette Durham
- Use your markers for this fun for all ages Quick & Easy Animal Doodles with Tombow | Michaels with Beth Watson from Creatively Beth
- Paint the prettiest florals with Brown Paper Bunny’s Watercolor Florals class
- How to paint a “Cute Balloon House” in acrylics with Palette Knife – For this class, I let her break open a set of palette knives (that I had bought at the Dollar Tree) and it was such a unique way to paint for her.
- This Floral Unicorn” Acrylic Painting Class is at the top of our list! We missed the live class because of our summer road trip, but plan to watch the replay and paint together.
- “Spirit Of The Forest” YouTube Live Paint Night
- Big Ben – HB Pencil Drawing” Drawing Class on Zoom– My daughter enjoyed the above pencil BB8 drawing so much that she immediately asked for more pencil classes!
- FREE Drawing Class – Pink Flamingo. This one is so pretty!
- This Firery Sunset Free Live Class on Facebook looks amazing!
- Another great page- Samantha Anderson Artist she has 4 monthly painting lessons!
7 reasons Why You will LOVE Virtual Art Classes!
- You can take these Virtual Art classes at home, in your comfort zone wearing your pj’s if you want to
- You get to try out new techniques and methods that you might not have tried before
- Most of these classes finish one art piece from start to finish- that gives you great satisfaction of finishing and creating something.
- You can find ideas for those art supplies you might have purchased and never used
- These classes are a great way to keep kids engaged and creative!
- I love the camaraderie of doing an online class- there is a community feeling and kinship.
- I try my best to always catch the live Virtual Art classes if possible. There is an expectancy of arriving at the class on time. Life can get so busy at times, it’s great to schedule in time to enjoy and paint.
Tips for making Virtual Art Classes fun with kids:
- Prep your surfaces: (aka kitchen table) with disposable table cloths or poster boards. This is the first tip because there is no fun in paint messes and aftermaths. Especially if you need to serve dinner there 🙂
- Plan ahead: Check if the class description has a list of art supplies needed. Select from what you have and keep your supplies ready.
- Keep a sketchbook: Buy journals and sketchbooks for the kids to keep for themselves and use over and over again. This way, they can flip back through the pages and see their progress.
- Make it special: Sometimes, I will buy a pack of canvases and have us each paint a small canvas that we display on the mantle afterward. Other times, I let the kids share my art supplies and try something new like Brush Pens, stencils, or a palette knife. The Dollar Tree carries a lot of art supplies that you can try out!
- Don’t expect kids to recreate the class exactly: I make it clear from the onset that there is no right “outcome” expected from the class. We each follow along with the instructor, learn something new and create something special. It’s our individual interpretation of the class.
More Fun Kid Art Craft Ideas:
- Rock Painting with Kids!
- 8 easy Art & Craft online classes: Create along with me!
- Scrape Painting
- How to Make Watercolor Bookmarks with Kids
- Sponge Painting for Kids
If you were looking for the BEST Virtual Art classes to follow along, I hope I have given you some ideas today. I love the idea of these Virtual Art classes and respect the energy and love each artist puts into their class.
In our house, my older daughter loves to draw while my younger daughter loves to read books instead. Finding a class that interests them both has been a great way to keep them creative this summer. And it always makes me happy to hear one of my kids say “Remember Mom, we’re doing a Virtual Art Class together this evening!”
Have you taken a Virtual Art Class that you enjoyed?
Thank you for stopping by today friend. Follow me on social media to see my latest posts!
Tag @smithakatti #smithakatti on social media!