Today I’ll show you how to fill a sketchbook with positive quotes page after page! It’s an easy way to be creative and stay motivated!
I’m here to show you how I personally like writing down motivating quotes in my journals to ward off the blues.
- Do you have a sketchbook but feel intimidated to just start?
- Do you need inspiration to fill your sketchbook with your art?
- Do you want a list of uplifting quotes for your journal?
Watch the VIDEO: How to fill a sketchbook with Positive Quotes
In my YouTube video, I share many examples showing how to fill a sketchbook with quotes! Click the video box below or head here to watch it on YouTube!
Where to start?
- The first thing you’ll need is a sketchbook or journal of your choice. Think about what kind of art you want to create, what techniques bring you joy and choose a journal accordingly. Below I share a few different sketchbooks I’ve used and what techniques work best with those sketchbooks.
2. Next, you’ll need a set of quotes to write into your journals. A quote is a great starting point for your page. Choose a pdf from below, print it off and check of the quote after your’ve lettered it
3. Then you just fill the page with positive words! Write down the quote in your handwriting, or use a brush pen to hand letter it; doesn’t matter which. Writing down the words is the important part.
If you are feeling creative, decorate your quotes with whatever you want.
Below are a bunch of ideas that I hope inspire you to start a sketchbook of your own today!
READ MORE: 30 DAYS OF HAPPINESS QUOTES
This collection of 30 happiness quotes is a great way to start a small sketchbook/journal and just keep adding quotes!
READ MORE: 30 BEING THANKFUL QUOTES AND SAYINGS FOR NOVEMBER
Come November, you’ll enjoy keeping a thankful journal and these gratitude quotes are perfect to write down.
A Quote for every Monday/Week:
READ MORE: 52 HAPPY INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FOR YOU TO HAND LETTER
The 52 Quote challenge was one of my most favorite sketchbooks. It’s a great idea if you are looking to carve out a habit of getting creative every week.
Create a Rainbow Theme
READ MORE: Find a collection of my favorite Rainbow Quotes here.
I bought a sketchbook and then filled it with rainbows. Literal rainbows, abstract rainbows and rainbow quotes. Hands down, my best sketchbook theme ever! I have many rainbow art tutorials here.
A Quote for every day of the year
READ MORE: 366 POSITIVE QUOTES: START A POSITIVITY JOURNAL TODAY!
This is a great compilation of quotes- you’ll definitely find a quote for any mood you are in that day!
Keep it simple, add quotes to your Bullet Journal itself:
This year, I am doing the 52 Quotes challenge on a much simpler note and adding a small quote each week into my bullet journal itself 🙂
Make a smaller project, 15 Feel good quotes!
READ MORE: MY SKETCHBOOK PROJECT DONE! PLUS 15 FEEL GOOD QUOTES!
For this challenge, I joined in on The Sketchbook Project and had fun filling in the pages with quotes and florals!