Hello hello friends! For 2018 I have a new challenge for you and I to embark onto together with 52 happy inspirational quotes as our lettering prompts!! This will be a weekly hand lettering challenge to help us practice and improve our lettering skills.
I will be sharing my 52 happy inspirational quotes, one per week on my Instagram page @theshinynest.
Here is a peek at what I created for week 4. I love how it turned out! If you are playing along I would love to see your work- please tag me @theshinynest and use the hashtag #52quoteschallenge
Gimme a pen and some paints and I'm a happy girl! No fancy brush lettering this time- just my basic handwriting because today is #nationalhandwritingday 🖊🌸💕 . This is Quote 4/52 for my #52quotesChallenge . . . . . . . #smithaletters #progressnotperfection #watercolorsketch #smithapaints @colorcrushcreative #colorcrushcreative #cccpalette33
Which do you like more, watercoloring or lettering? 🌸🎨 . Supplies: @fieldartista 4 in. x 4 in. Square Watercolor Journal @winsorandnewton Cotman Water Colour Sketchers Pocket Box . Learn more about my lettering challenge for 2018 #52QuotesChallenge and more about my favorite art supplies by clicking on the link in my profile . #smithaletters #theshinynestvideos #smithapaints
JOIN the 52 Quote Challenge FACEBOOK GROUP TODAY!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/52QuotesChallenge/
I love challenging myself and a new year is a great time to start something new. I have been hand lettering for about 2 years now, and I think I am ready to delve deeper into the lettering world. For the year of 2018, I’m going to focus more on lettering quotes and longer phrases and these are quotes that I have chosen. They are happy and motivational and I love writing down such words. If you are not a letterer feel free to use these as inspiration for any kind of art!
This project can be anything YOU want it to be. You can make a book of it as I often do (check out my previous challenges 30 days of happiness quotes and 30ThankfulQuotes ) or you can simply write down the quotes each week on a scrap piece of paper and tack it onto your wall. Anything works as long as you are writing the words and enjoying the process.
Below you will find a list of the 52 happy inspirational quotes that I plan to hand letter- one for each week of 2018! You can grab a free printable version of these by clicking here.
52 Happy Inspirational Quotes:
- Trust the magic of new beginnings
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started
- A simple life is a beautiful life
- A little progress each day adds up to big results
- If you can dream it, you can do it
- Don’t overthink, just let it go
- Stay true to you and you will end up incredibly happy
- Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find out that things will always work out
- There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy
- Exist to be happy, not to impress
- Once you choose hope, anything’s possible
- Feed the positive, starve the negative
- Start each day with a positive thought
- Motivation will always beat mere talent
- Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
- Great things never came from comfort zones
- I don’t want a perfect life, I want a happy life
- Live what you love
- It won’t be easy, but it’ll be worth it
- The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does
- Success will be within your reach only when you start reaching out for it
- Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear – Taylor Swift
- If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present
- It’s always seems impossible until its done
- Believe you can and you are half way there
- She has fire in her soul and grace in her heart
- If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking
- Prove them wrong
- What ever you decide to do make sure it makes you happy
- Stop doubting yourself, work hard, make it happen
- Do what makes you happy, be with those who make you smile and laugh as much as you breathe
- Don’t stop until you’re proud
- Good things take time
- Enjoy the little things in life for one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things
- Those who wish to sing always find a song
- Wherever you are, be all there
- Happy are those who evolve from within
- If you get tired, learn to rest. Not to quit
- Look at all the beauty in your life and be happy
- Always do the thing that makes you feel most alive
- You are capable of amazing things
- If you want to find happiness find gratitude
- No one is you, and that’s your super power
- Focus on where you want to go, not on what you fear
- Nothing is worth it if you aren’t happy
- Of this be sure, you do not find the happy life, you make it
- Let life surprise you
- To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong
- Enjoy the little things
- Happy mind, happy life
- Sometimes you just need to go off the grid and get your soul right
- The best is yet to come
I also have created a Facebook group for this challenge here: The 52 Quotes Challenge group.
Now if you have been thinking about trying your hand at lettering but haven’t still, a new year is a great time to start a new goal/hobby/skill. Hand lettering can be as easy or as fancy as you want it to be. There are so many techniques and methods you can try and I am working on a Hand lettering for beginners post that will be coming soon!
But my one main advice for you is this- start where you are. Don’t over think it, simply start. Pick up a paint brush, a brush pen or even just a pencil and go for it. I talk more about what supplies/papers/ sketchbooks you will need to begin with in this post of mine- Brush lettering papers that will easily improve your lettering
So I hope you will enjoy these happy inspirational quotes and if you find any typos in the list above please let me know. Happy new year and happy lettering!