Have you tried wrapping a gift with fabric instead of paper? It is super forgiving, because the fabric stretches easily where the paper would tear. And best of all, you don’t need any tape 😉
If you looking for a unique idea also check out how to stencil your gift wrap!
How to Wrap a Gift in Fabric
- Place your fabric wrong side facing up onto your surface
- Rotate the fabric 45 degrees and place your gift box in the center.
- Pull up two opposite corners and tie a knot. Pull firmly to secure and tie another knot on top of it.
- Repeat Step 3 with the other two corners remaining.
Make sure to tuck in the extra fabric along the box edges to create a neat looking fold.
To go with the Fabric theme, I used mini clothespins to attach my gift tag. You can grab download and print these 20 FREE Printable Christmas Gift Tags at home!
5 reasons Why you should be Wrapping a Gift with Fabric:
- No tape required– Simply knot the fabric and be done- no more hunting to find that tape roll under the pile of gifts while wrapping!
- Use up scrap pieces of fabric– As a crafter, I have a stash of scraps that have beautiful prints that I can use for wrapping a gift with fabric!
- Fabric is definitely easily reusable– compared to all the waste wrapping paper strewn on the carpet after gift opening.
- Make your Gift unique– May be wrap your gift with velvet fabric, burlap or an old sweater
- Wrap those odd shaped gifts easily- got something oblong? Round? Pointy? Fabric allows you to wrap all these different shaped gifts easily because the fabric will simply frill up instead of tearing like paper!
wrapping a gift without wrapping paper VIDEO
My friends at Team Creative Crafts have a super fun blog hop filled with amazing Handmade Gift Wrap Ideas! Check them all out below 🙂
Laura from Me and INKlings has created the most adorable Felt Gift Card Holder with a pocket for the card AND a pocket for a little surprise as well!
Did you ever wonder How to Wrap Gifts with Fabric instead of paper? Well, Smitha from Smiling Colors has a fun tutorial complete with hand lettered gift tags!
Justine from Little Dove is sharing How to make an English-style Christmas Cracker your guests will love! Perfect for all your parties this holiday season.
Learn how to make a Crocheted Stocking Gift Card Holder from Erica at 5 Little Monsters. We love that she always includes the step-by-step patterns!
Katie the Crafty Blog Stalker will teach you how to make Personalized Santa Sacks with a Free SVG file! Perfect for all the kiddos on your Christmas List.
Create Personalized Gift Bags this holiday season with a complete step-by-step tutorial from Chelly at We Can Make That!
Beth with Creatively Beth is sharing three ways to create DIY Handmade Wrapping Paper with Tombow Dual Brush Pens.
Learn how to make Free Printable Paper Bows with her exclusive downloadable file from Lindsay at Artsy Fartsy Mama – BRILLIANT!