An easy and satisfying brown paper bag craft idea! Instead of throwing, reuse Grocery Bags to make cute Books.
This Sunday was Earth Day, and here is my eco-conscious, recycled craft project for it. I have to say though, these Book Binding fascinates me. I used a simple Book Binding with String method. I had the concept in my mind, a step by step idea of how I had planned to make these, but the actual outcome was SO much prettier than I had expected 🙂
Brown Paper Bag Craft Tutorial:
- Cut off the handles, and then cut open each brown paper bag to make a long rectangle
- Iron out used brown paper bags to remove all the creases.
- Trim the ironed paper to size. I made three books here, of three different sizes
- Drill holes along the book egde
- Join and bind the book pages together. I bound everything into a few books using colored twine, some decorative buttons, and jute twine.
I made this brown paper bag craft, using bags from our local grocery store Target. You can find my the step by step photo tutorial for this Brown Paper Bag Craft on the Fiskars blog here.
Have you made a book at home before? There is something very satisfying in binding one’s own pages into a book. I hope you give this a try! Happy Earth Day!