A new year is a great time to start a new habit of journaling. Today I’m sharing 50+ Bullet Journal page ideas to inspire you to ink that page. And to get you started I also have FREE Bullet Journal Printables for you to enjoy!
Your Bullet Journal should be special to YOU, and need not look like mine at all! Let these Bullet Journal Page ideas inspire you and feel free to adapt them to suit your style where needed.
BULLET JOURNALING SUPPLIES
Shop all of my most used Bullet Journal Supplies! https://a.co/aG4GFzc
To start Bullet Journaling, you really just need a notebook and a few pens.
I love using a dot-grid journal- instead of a blank page, you have a page filled with tiny equidistant dots that help draw squares, and words easier. I have used Archer & Olive Notebooks for my bullet journal for a few years now and love their 160gsm quality paper.
You will also need a good black pen, some highlighters, and markers in colors of your choice.
Watch the video below to see all of my Journaling Favorite Supplies.
What should be in your Bullet Journal?
There are many options of what YOU can choose to add to your journal, let me describe commonly used terms and page ideas that you can choose from
- Page– A Page is any single page in your notebook.
- Spread– A Bullet Journal Spread refers to a two page layout in your journal.
- Dutch Door– When you creatively cut a page to reveal partially the page beneath it you’ve created a Dutch door!
- Cover Page– Cover Pages are used to define the start of section of your Bullet Journal. For example, at the start of the year, you would create a cover page that says “2022”. At the start of the month, you would create a page that says “January” for example.
- Future log– A page or spread that has space to jot down events, notes or task for the future upcoming months. If you are using your Bujo as a planner especially, this is a handy page to have.
- Masterlist– A comprehensive list of all the items sorted into sub topics.
- Year at glance– This is a calendar page for the whole year- you can either write down the entire calendar or print out and paste it into your journal.
- Habit Trackers- A graph, drawing or illustration which you color in over time to track your progress. Popular things you can track- time spent reading, daily mood, finances, sleep, health, creativity etc.
- A Year in Pixels– Using the dots on the journal page, you create a block of 12 by 31. The 12 columns represent each month. And the 31 are the days of the month. You then color in the corresponding pixel each day and get to fill in the grid over the next 365 days!
- Monthly Spread– A two page layout created for the month- with a calendar, monthly goals and perhaps monthly habit trackers as well.
- Weekly Spread– A single or two page layout created for the week- with the days of the week and space to write your to do lists, tasks and events.
SIMPLE BULLET JOURNAL PAGE IDEAS
Here are a few Simple Bullet Journal Page Ideas that use just a pen and are easy to recreate.
Simple Journal Pages Video: https://youtu.be/J7alth4kcfs
Fun Fact: Many bujoists will use one, two or three notebooks in a year.
Bullet Journal First Page Ideas:
This is the first page of my 2022 Bujo and I simply colored in the 22 by overlapping different colors. For my 2021 Bujo, I went with a simple black instead.
This Future log spread is simple, but I loved choosing colors to color in the names of each month! For the second one beneath, I added rainbow watercolor mountains to make it colorful.
Bullet Journal Habit Tracker
A simple habit or goal tracker can inspire you to make small changes to your routine or cultivate new habits easily. Print out a goal tracker or draw in a grid and start tracking!
A year in pixels: I love seeing a year in pixels page come to life! You simply color in a pixel a day and this has to be the most fun you can have with a tracker!
Goal setting and Action list grid: I love how this one turned out! You can follow a step by step tutorial for this floral banner title here.
A Reading Log is a great way to keep track and motivate you to read more books in the year!
Bullet Journal Calendars:
Monthly spreads are drawn over two pages and often have a theme of choice. Here is my January Monthly Spread Drawing Video
A year at a glance page is the most referred to page in my journal! It takes a lot of patience to write in all of the dates, I tried it once. Printing off a calendar and pasting it into your journal is simply easier 🙂
Creative bullet journal page ideas
The dot grid on the page makes it the perfect setting to draw repetitive patterns. You can draw symmetrical patterns or go rogue and fill your page with wonky patterns. I always smile when I turn the page and see a colorful pattern!
Draw a Geometric Pattern: inspired by tiles or a pattern you saw in a magazine https://www.instagram.com/reel/CRYL2rylu9R/
Just Scribble: Add a bright pop of color with your markers with 5 colorful doodles that anyone can draw!
Black and White: Fill an entire spread with just black ink
Color Swatch: An easy Bullet Journal Page idea- Marker Color Swatching!
Bullet journal quotes
On a gloomy day, nothing cheers me up faster than a good motivational quote. From experience, I have learned that by writing down positive words you have a stronger effect of the words on you than just reading them. Your brain takes the time to register the words as you write them down. Try it out!
REEL: Easy Quote idea
Bullet Journal Page Ideas: To do list
VIDEO: Rainbow Bullet Journal Page Ideas! https://youtu.be/fCAT-A74tMc
Write down your to do list, but make it colorful too!
Bullet Journal Headers
You guys know I love hand lettering, but there is something about using the dot grid that just opens up SO many more Creative Lettering ideas! Here are a few Bullet Journal Header ideas.
FREE BULLET JOURNAL PRINTABLES
Here are a few FREE Bullet Journal Printables with a simple but modern floral design. You can print these at home at any time and enjoy planning!
To download these planner Printables, click the “Click the download” link below. I hope you enjoy these bullet journal Printables.
This download includes a Daily Planner Sheet, Weekly Planner Sheet, Monthly Planner Sheet, and Year at a glance planner sheet.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Why do you want to keep a journal? Is it to write, or to draw or cultivate a creative habit? Keep this question in mind as you read through this blog post. For me, my Bullet Journal functions as my planner, sketchbook, to-do list, and a place for me to think on paper. I journal, color, doodle, and make plans all in ONE book!
If you are intimidated by a blank new journal, just pick up a pencil and sketch out a few ideas first! You can always erase the lines if you don’t like it!
I hope you enjoyed these Bullet Journal Page ideas, my style tends to be colorful, floral and I like some white space around my designs. I’d love to see you share your styles with me!
Thank you for being here today and spending some creative time with my friends! I’m so thankful for your kind words and support.
If you recreate this tutorial and share it on social media don’t forget to tag me! @smithakatti #smithakatti