Hello friends! Let’s learn how to draw a dog today! For today’s tutorial, all you really need is paper and a pen, if you want to get fancier, maybe some markers. Anyone can really draw this!
HOW TO DRAW A DOG STEP BY STEP:
STEP 1: Start with the eyes and draw them symmetrically onto each side of the nose. The nose should be a rounded upside-down triangle, with two rough circles drawn for nostrils.
STEP 2: Now add a mouth and a large tongue.
STEP 3: Add an outline for the head, with two ears hanging off the sides. Finish off the dog head with a few small lines to mark movement of the animal.
STEP 4: Finally, add the dog’s body, with simple paws to finish off the legs1
ALSO READ: How to Draw a Butterfly: 4 ways VIDEO
HOW TO DRAW A DOG CORGI
Below are the steps showing you How to draw a dog corgi! It is very similar to the above dog, with a few changes. I colored the eyes to be blacker, this makes the dog super cute! Make sure you draw the ears upward and pointy, a trademark of the corgi.
I love how this simple dog drawing turned out. Check out my reference image here and let me know what you think!
DOG DRAWING YOUTUBE TUTORIAL:
Check out my YouTube video “How to draw a dog easily” https://youtu.be/5Z5pvZTfNrc and come draw with me!
DOG DRAWING SIMPLE:
For this simple dog drawing, I used just a pen. Any pen and any paper will work, all you need to do is make sure to add squiggly lines that are imperfect to add that shagginess to the dog!
WATERCOLOR DOG PAINTING
This Watercolor Dog Painting turned out cuter than I could have ever thought! I think the glasses do it all. Used my favorite Dual Brush Pens here, and you can watch me paint this here
Hop along the links below to enjoy many more Pet Themed craft ideas from Team Creative Crafts! All projects are Pet-themed but so different and unique!
- If you are looking for an easy sewing project, Laura of Me and My INKlings is sharing anOver the Collar Pet Bandana. Perfect for puppies because it won’t slide off their neck when they get rambunctious.
- Laura of Laura’s Crafty Life is sharing an amazingly thoughtful Rainbow Bridge Necklace with charms representing your pet. Perfect to make for yourself or give as a gift.
- Let the kiddo’s imagination run wild with Free Animal Masks to Print and Color. Hand-drawn by Beth of Creatively Beth, this trio of a dog, cat, and frog are free to download, print, and color.
- Tackle that summer reading list early with Punny Animal Bookmarks from Shani of Sunshine and Munchkins. This funny set will inspire the kiddos to read and are FREE to download.
- Get the kiddos involved in summer crafting with their favorite Disney Animals as SVG Files to add to t-shirts. Justin of Little Dove has created these as a FREE download.
- Erica of 5 Little Monsters is the crochet queen and is sharing an adorable Pet Finger Puppets Playset with free patterns. Spark the kiddo’s imagination with hours of imaginative play!
A quick line drawing needs just a pen and can be drawn anywhere. For a more detailed image, a watercolor pad and brush pens are a great option. Both are a great way to draw your beloved pet onto paper!
If you recreate this tutorial and share it on social media don’t forget to tag me! @smithakatti #smithakatti. For yarn projects, find me at @smittenbyyarn #smithaknits #smithacrochets
Thank you for being here today and spending some creative time with my friends! I’d love to hear from you, so leave a comment below.
DOG DRAWING REFERENCE:
Below are the Dog Drawing Reference images I used for my drawings!
I’m going to have to try this because I have basically ZERO art skills!
You always have the BEST drawing tutorials, Smitha! Thank you for sharing your talent with Team Creative Crafts!