I love drawing flowers but today I’m trying something different. This Mushroom Drawing Easy has just 5 steps and turns out so colorful, so let’s get started!
I’ve previously shared a few Fall drawing ideas like this Leaf drawing step-by-step tutorial, How to draw a Sunflower and How to Draw a Maple Leaf Colorfully that you all loved. Today let’s explore drawing of mushrooms!
Drawing mushrooms is an easy way to practice your art skills. This tutorial will teach you how to draw mushrooms in four steps. You can start drawing on any paper with any pen or pencil. Enjoy
how to draw a mushroom step by step
To draw this colorful Mushroom, I used Tombow Dual Brush Pens
- With the Color 910, draw the stalk/ stump for the mushroom first.
- With Color 912, draw the underside of the mushroom in
- Draw circle outlines with the Color 845 and then color them on the top of the mushroom. I love how this red color looks!
- Finally, add a few springs of grass with the Color 177
- With the MONO Drawing Pen, draw thin radiating lines to finish off the mushroom!
Anothe drawing of A mushroom
Here is another way to draw a mushroom, start with a base stalk or stem. Add a few frills on top, and then the mushroom head. Finish off with dots to fill the mushroom! Now, wasn’t that easy?
MUSHROOM DRAWING EASY:
mushroom line drawing
For these easy Mushroom Line Drawings, simply pick up your pen and start doodling. Check out the reference images used linked below.
Practicing with simple line drawings is a great way to understand the shape of the different mushrooms and improve your skills
TIP: If you are unsure of the shapes to draw, start with a pencil and erase to your heart’s content before committing to the pen!
Mushroom DRAWING CUTE:
You can add small leaves, florals, etc to the mushroom to make it whimsical! Just that little pop of yellow in our sketch adds so much more to the mushroom story here.
Affiliate links have been used, please read the disclosure here
- Sketchbook: Kraft paper Archer and Olive Notebook . This is the purple mountain cover that came in the July Subscription box!
- Paints: Artist Loft Gouache paints https://amzn.to/3adxtRY. Read more about these paints here
- Paintbrush: Round No 6 https://amzn.to/3AkgqIP
- Pen: MONO Drawing Pen 02 https://amzn.to/3uPB424
Explore More Drawing Tutorials
- Fish Drawing Step by Step
- 7 EASY Pumpkin Drawing ideas with Step-by-step Tutorials!
- 5 Ways How To Draw A Bird + Worksheet
- How to Draw a Snowflake 6 EASY ways VIDEO + Printable!
- Easy Owl Drawing in 4 steps + VIDEO TUTORIAL
- Simple Flower Drawing Tutorial
- And many more easy step by step How to draw ideas
MUSHROOM REFERENCE IMAGES:
I used these three beautiful images from the Unsplash website as my reference for these easy mushroom drawing step by step tutorial
Why Should you Draw Mushrooms?
With autumn in the air, I tried to reflect the season in my sketchbook by drawing something so quintessentially fall. The red color pops off the page and the basic mushroom shape is not that difficult to draw at all.
My Mushroom Drawings were not only easy but very satisfying too. I’ve loved adding these mushrooms to my journal spreads and sketchbooks to create something botanical or autumn themed.
So pull out your markers or gouache and follow along with this Mushroom Drawing Easy tutorial friends. Or simply sketch the mushrooms with a pencil or pen. All of the options are great! I can’t wait to see what you will be creating.
Mushrooms come in so many different colors and shapes, I can’t wait to explore and draw more!
Thank you for stopping by today friend. Follow me on social media to see my latest posts!
Tag me @smithakatti #smithakatti on social media!