Make this easy DIY Felt Wreath in a modern bright color scheme to decorate your front door! I’m using hot glue for this project, so there is no sewing necessary at all.
Fall is in the air, and you can create this colorful felt craft to decorate your front door. The Felt is easy to cut, and very forgiving. I’m sure you will also enjoy How to make a Felt Flower Wreath.
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase an item via these links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
ALSO READ: More fall craft ideas!
DIY Felt Wreath Tutorial:
A DIY Felt Wreath Tutorial with step by step instructions.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Using a pair of scissors, trim your leaf shape from the felt craft sheet. To keep all of your leaves the same size, create a cutting template.
Repeat the previous step, and cut leaves from different colors of the felt.
Apply a small dot of hot glue to the bottom of your felt leaf. Pinch the felt around the hot glue to create dimension and shape the leaf.
Continue applying and shaping till you have enough felt leaves to work with.
Apply a dot of hot glue onto the wreath shape.
Press down the leaf onto the hot glue. Repeat these two steps until you have covered the DIY Felt Wreath shape entirely. You can adhere the leaves in a color pattern or just distribute them randomly in a color pleasing way.
Welcome to Creative Crafts Collaborations, a collaboration of amazing bloggers sharing awesome projects! Click here and then follow along to see them all!
felt wreath dIY
Ta da! That’s our finished DIY Felt Wreath, all pretty hanging on the front door! It is so colorful and pretty and I love how it turned out!
Have you ever walk through Target looking at home decor things and thinking “I could totally make that!”? This is one of those projects that actually came to life easily with craft supplies I mostly had at home! I did have to make a trip for the wreath form- but everything else is from my craft stash 🙂
Felt + Hot Glue Video Tutorial
TIPS AND THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- Use a sturdy piece of cardboard to create your leaf template. I reused an egg carton to create mine and it made this DIY Felt Wreath so much easier. Check out more of my recycled craft ideas.
- Make two or three leaf templates at the beginning. You might lose your template in all that pile of felt cut-outs 🙂
- To speed up the felt cutting, I like to cut two or three layers of felt at once! Use a sharp pair of scissors that will make it easier on your wrist.
- If you are not a big fan of hot glue, try using a strong adhesive to make this DIY Felt Wreath instead. Read more in this post Best glues to adhere Felt
- Easily replace felt with paper here to create a paper wreath! You can use a paper punch or an electronic die-cut machine to cut out your leaves too then!
MORE FELT TUTORIALS:
- How To Get Felt To Stick Together!
- How to Make Felt Flowers by Hand Easily
- How To Make Felt Coasters
- Die Cutting Felt Tutorial
- Felt Strawberry Coasters Tutorial
- Even More Felt Tutorials For You To Try!
Hi I’m Smitha! I live in Minnesota with my husband and two daughters. You’ll always find me painting florals in my sketchbook. And I love the sheer joy of making something with just my hands! But my bigger love is capturing it all on camera Read more.
Thanks for stopping by today! If you learnt something from this tutorial, do share this post with a friend or on social media! Tag me @smithakatti #smithakatti I’d love to see what you create!