Make an easy shaped card that is sure to wow the recipient! Skip the boring rectangle and square and give your card a unique shape!
Some days you craft for fun, while other days you craft with inspiration! Some days an idea gets stuck in your head and it just needs to be given form. Shaped cards are an extra step, but they are just that much more special of a card.
Shaped Card Ideas:
1. Create a cute animal shaped card: I love the baby elephant shape here!!! The card is so simple and yet it feels so cute and adorable 🙂
2. Go round instead of the square: I die cut my card using an oval die and then added a bunch of balloons flying off the card. This card will still need a large envelope but the cute shape makes me smile for sure.
3. How about a jar full of spiders?: Make a cute Jar-shaped card and fill it with spiders, hearts, or flowers!
4. Make a road sign or airplane shaped card: If you have a friend or family member traveling abroad or far this would make the perfect card!
5. Make a circular shaped card! Trace a bowl or plate and cut out the folded cardstock almost all the way leaving just enough on top to fold. I made this card on a circle base but used a haphazard octagon-like shape
6. Make Handmade Cards for teachers in the shape of an apple, chalkboard, or school bus!
Which one of these shaped cards is your favorite?
Hi I’m Smitha! I live in Minnesota with my husband and two daughters. You’ll always find me painting florals in my sketchbook. And I love the sheer joy of making something with just my hands! But my bigger love is capturing it all on camera Read more.
Thanks for stopping by today! If you learnt something from this tutorial, do share this post with a friend or on social media! Tag me @smithakatti #smithakatti I’d love to see what you create!