Hello friends! I’m showing you How to Draw a Mandala today and using a circle tool that many of you recommended! This is super relaxing to draw!
Looking for more easy drawing ideas? Try these How to Draw Banners, Brush Pen Drawing and How to draw with markers and colored pencils
HOW TO DRAW A MANDALA VIDEO
Enjoy my process video and pull out your art supplies to draw along with me! Click the video box below or head here for my Mandala Drawing Video.
Affiliate links have been used at no extra cost to the reader. You can read my full disclosure here.
- 👉 Journal: I’m using an Archer & Olive Dot grid Journal here today
- 👉 Pens: Using MONO Drawing Pens 01 and 05 https://amzn.to/31FACG4
- 👉 Circle tool: A great tool to have on hand while drawing angles and circles https://amzn.to/3mip4Ck
- 👉 Masking tape: If you wish to create neat crisp lines around your drawing https://amzn.to/39ulYpo
- There is a marked difference between the mandala I drew free-handed and the one in which I used a circle tool. The circle tool gives much more precise lines and angles which yields an almost perfectly symmetrical drawing.
- How to draw a mandala is really up to you. I really do not think you need a circle tool per se to have a great drawing. Try using a pencil to trace circles using small bowls, jars, or anything you might have in the kitchen. That will work just fine as well.
- If you do use a circle tool (I do highly recommend it, it’s a great tool!)- I found it much easier to use this 01 MONO Drawing pen to draw the circles directly. I tried using a mechanical pencil but the lead would break easily and that was very frustrating.
- Try using a colored fine tip marker to draw the mandala!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 3 FREE Flower Mandala Coloring Pages
Hi I’m Smitha! I live in Minnesota with my husband and two daughters. You’ll always find me painting florals in my sketchbook. And I love the sheer joy of making something with just my hands! But my bigger love is capturing it all on camera Read more.
Thanks for stopping by today! If you learnt something from this tutorial, do share this post with a friend or on social media! Tag me @smithakatti #smithakatti I’d love to see what you create!