This Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook comes in such a unique cute size, it is great to carry along during your travels. Let’s test out its pages today and see!
In my previous post What are brush pens? I talk in-depth about all the papers that work with these Brush pens. Today, I’ve found a (new to me) paper – the Moleskine Watercolor sketchbook that is also great to use with your Watercolor Markers. Read more below.
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase an item via these links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
How many pages are in Moleskine watercolor Sketchbook?
This Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook comes with 60 pages and is the cutest size to carry on the go. This one was a new find for me, and I LOVE it! It is a narrow rectangle shape, it closes shut with an elastic and best of all the paper is a good quality ivory toned watercolor paper that is a joy to paint on. There is a bonus pocket flap included on the inside of the back cover.
Moleskine Watercolor sketchbook review:
- The paper quality in this Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook is impressive I lay down my paint + water liberally and the paper easily withstands it.
- The two page spread is a long skinny rectangle of 3.5inches by 11 inches which is a new size for me that I am excited to paint!
- I also like to paint two page spreads and use the back and front of a page- and the Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook pages are strong enough to handle all that water. Highly impressed with it and definitely would recommend.
- This Sketchbook is the perfect size to travel with, it is tiny, closes with an elastic and has a strong rigid cover.
moleskine watercolor sketchbook Painting
I used my Tombow Dual Brush Pens which behave like watercolors in this sketchbook below to paint Easy Watercolor Flowers. I found that these pens easily created beautiful watercolor effects on the Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook paper.
WATCH THE VIDEO: Painting in Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook
Here is another example where I used the same Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook: How to paint a Winter Watercolor scene tutorial + video
Where can I buy This sketchbook?
You can purchase this sketchbook online here https://amzn.to/3Zy5iEN
More Sketchbook Reviews:
- Archer and Olive Notebooks: 7 reasons why I LOVE them!
- Strathmore Mixed Media Sketchbook Review
- Best Sketchbooks and Papers to Use with your Brush Pens
- Have you tried a Brown Paper Sketchbook?
- How to Make a Sketchbook out of an old book
- Tiny sketchbook that is just 4 inches in size!
In conclusion, the Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook works great for all watercoloring techniques as the paper quality is a thick 135lb. The paper has a slight texture and a beautiful ivory color. The size of the sketchbook is compact, and is great for painting on the go
Hi I’m Smitha! I live in Minnesota with my husband and two daughters. You’ll always find me painting florals in my sketchbook. And I love the sheer joy of making something with just my hands! But my bigger love is capturing it all on camera Read more.
Thanks for stopping by today! If you learnt something from this tutorial, do share this post with a friend or on social media! Tag me @smithakatti #smithakatti I’d love to see what you create!