Today I am sharing a quick flip through my sketchbook project in which I wrote down a bunch of feel good quotes to inspire and motivate
What is the Sketchbook Project?
If you are looking for a great creative personal project, I highly recommend The Sketchbook project. It was so much fun for me to work on those pages and I loved having the deadline to create and send the finished sketchbook in.
For those of you who haven’t heard of it, you go online here and purchase a sketchbook. I love that everyone uses the same blank sketchbook! You are then given time to fill in this blank sketchbook with your ideas, words, colors and you send it back to them once completed. These finished sketchbooks are then hosted at the Brooklyn art library. I just sent my sketchbook in the mail today!
After I received my sketchbook, I first altered the cover of course (tutorial for the altered cover HERE). I titled it “love the art that is inside you”
Next, over the course of the year, I wrote and shared feel good quotes into this little sketchbook. This sketchbook is small, easy to carry around and has traveled with me everywhere!
The pages in this sketchbook were rather thin, and I was not happy with how the pen ink bled through. So I decided that I would cover that up by painting florals. I added a watercolor floral spread to each spread and I LOVE the pop of color the flowers provide.
The theme of my sketchbook is Feel good quotes with florals
15 Feel Good Quotes:
- Beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from negativity
- Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart
- If you want to bring happiness to the whole world, go home and love your family
- There is nothing stable as change
- Believe in the power of your voice to change the world
- Embrace the glorious mess that you are
- Live for the moments you can’t put into words
- Grow through what you go through
- Happiness is a state of mind
- Don’t look back, you aren’t going that way
- The best view comes after the hardest climb
- Every flower must grow through dirt
- Wherever you go becomes a part of you
- She believed she could so she did
- Be who you are not who the world wants you to be
Supplies I’ve used:
All the hand lettering was done with one pen- the MONO twin permanent marker. For the floral panels, I used Tombow Dual brush pens to watercolor over 65lb watercolor paper. I adhered the florals into the sketchbook with my Tombow Xtreme tape runner.