Hello friends! Today I am sharing an Easy Landscape Drawing Tutorial that I created in my journal. It’s easy to recreate and I hope you give it a try!
I share many Brush Pen Drawing Tutorials and today you can create a soft landscape art and then add a quote + calendar. Marker on paper can feel unforgiving at first, but with practice and a blending palette you can create soft tones that are beautiful!
Affiliate links have been used at no extra cost to the reader. You can read my full disclosure here.
8 step Easy Landscape drawing tutorial:
A step by step Easy landscape drawing tutorial.
1. Create a palette of colors: Scribble your Brush Pen colors onto your Blending Palette to create an easy to reach palette.
2. Draw the ground line: Use the Colorless Blender Pen N00 to lift color off of the Blending palette
3. Start coloring the hills: Apply the color using the Blending pen onto the paper. Color in all the hill shapes by applying the color in the direction of the hill slope as the marker streaks will be visible
4. Color in the clouds: Fill the clouds with a dark blue color using a circular motion to apply the marker color onto the paper.
5. Add foreground flowers: In the foreground, doodle colorful flowers by directly applying marker to the paper
6. Add foreground leaves: Vary the greens by mixing in some blue and doodle various leaf shapes
7. Color the grass: Using the blender pen and a light green color, fill in all the white space behind the flowers with green grass
8. Color in the sky: Finish off this Easy Landscape Drawing by coloring in the sky with a light light blue color
I absolutely love how this easy landscape drawing turned out, it is definitely much easier to draw than I had initially thought! The fluffy clouds are my favorite part here!
List of supplies used:
- Sketchbook: I’m using an Archer & Olive Dot grid Journal here today
- Markers: I’m using the Retro 10 pack along with a Blender Pen N00 https://amzn.to/3wfIV9F
- Blending palette: This is a slick laminated surface great to lay color onto
- Masking tape: If you wish to create neat crisp lines around your drawing https://amzn.to/39ulYpo
Easy Landscape Drawing Tutorial VIDEO:
Pull out your markers and paper and create alongside my Landscape Marker Drawing Tutorial YouTube Video. Click the video box below to enjoy.
Things to keep in mind while creating your own Landscape drawings:
- Establish the ground line first, draw it 2/3 down the page.
- Keep the hills colorful, vary the color you add to each of them.
- Add something of interest in the foreground- like how I drew the flowers. You could add an animal, a tree or anything else you are good at drawing.
- Draw fluffy clouds- these light cute cloud shapes will draw the eye and make it all look good 🙂
- Make sure to check out more of my Creative Bullet Journal Ideas!
- If you prefer to paint, try this painting a winter scene tutorial. The snowy paint droplets are so much fun to create!
Hi I’m Smitha! I live in Minnesota with my husband and two daughters. You’ll always find me painting florals in my sketchbook. And I love the sheer joy of making something with just my hands! But my bigger love is capturing it all on camera Read more.
Thanks for stopping by today! If you learnt something from this tutorial, do share this post with a friend or on social media! Tag me @smithakatti #smithakatti I’d love to see what you create!
Thanks for sharing this lovely page! I just discovered your blog today and have it bookmarked because I want to return again for more inspiring ideas!